Last Updated :February 15, 2016
Book My Table (BMT) is a very convenient way to book your favourite restaurant table and enjoy your meal without any hassle of waiting for the table.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
What You Directly Provide Us
For you to create a basic BMT account, we need to collect a few important details about you: a unique username like to go by, an email address we can contact you at, a phone number and your profile pic, We collect this information from your Facebook account upon your login. For additional Services beyond the basic BMT account, we may ask you for additional information. We want you, though, to be in control of your information, so we let you update or correct most of the basic BMT account information by editing your account settings with in the BMT application.
WHAT YOU AUTOMATICALLY PROVIDE US WHEN YOU USE OUR SERVICES
• Usage Information: We collect information about your activity and the reviews you send through our Services. For example, we collect information such as the time, date, sender, recipient of a booking, the number of booking you make. We may collect that same basic information when you write reviews.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU CONTACT US
Whenever you have a question for our helpful Support team, just head over to http://apptreetechnologies.com/index.php/bmt/support Of course, when you contact the Support team or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer. For instance, your email and other details to us through our websites, we will collect what you give us.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
What do we do with the information we collect? The short answer is: Provide you with an amazing set of Services that we relentlessly improve. But we do a lot more as well, such as:
• Provide and deliver the products, services, and functionality that you request, process transactions, and send you related information.
• Communicate with you. That means just what it says; we may send you marketing communications on behalf of us or other companies; respond to your comments and questions; provide customer service; and send you technical notices, security alerts, and other informational messages.
• Monitor and analyze trends and usage.
• Develop, improve, and refine products, services, and functionality.
• Personalize the Services by providing advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests. For instance, when you set up an account we may pre-populate certain account information based on the information we collect about you from other users.
• Verify your identify and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
WHERE INFORMATION IS PROCESSED
BMT is based in the Canada. Although we welcome people from all over the world, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our Services, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the Canada. and other countries. We want you to know this because the laws of the Canada and those of other countries where your information is processed might not be as comprehensive or protective as laws in the country where you live. And while you are in another country, know that your information may be made available to government or law enforcement requests.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Here is the type of information we may share about you with others and how we do so:
• When you post a review, other users will see your username and, of course, whatever your message says or shows (whether that is a photo, text, or transaction).
• When you use booking feature, the Management of restaurants will see your profile information like picture, username , phone number so they can contact you in case its required, so as to better give you their services.
• We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf.
• With respect to jointly offered Services or functionality or services offered separately by other companies through our Services, we may share information about you with business partners to provide the Services and functionality you request and to communicate with you about those Services.
• We may share information about you in response to legal process or a request for information if we believe disclosure is consistent with, or required by, any applicable law, rule, or regulation; to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Delete is your default. That means that most accounts will be automatically deleted once your request is processed. This is important you should understand that users who you have booking information and history will be lost, unless the data is backed up through a third party technology (whether that be software or another data gathering device. The same common sense that applies to the Internet at large applies to Book My Table (BMT) as well.
In most cases, once we detect that all recipients account has been compromised, we automatically suspend or even delete it from our servers. And again in most cases, the Services are programmed to avoid and alert users when concerns are encountered. There are, however, several exceptions to this general rule:
• Booking history: The Services are programmed to automatically delete a booking history after one year. This time period may change in future as decided by BMT.
A few final words on deletion: We can not guarantee that all requests will be deleted within a specific timeframe. And even after we have deleted message data from our servers, that same data may remain in backup for a limited period of time. We also sometimes receive requests from law enforcement requiring us by law to suspend our ordinary server-deletion practices for specific information. Finally, of course, as with any digital information, there may be ways to access messages while still in temporary storage on devices or, forensically, even after they are deleted.
Additionally, some companies may use the information they collect on our blog and other websites to deliver targeted advertisements on behalf of us or other companies, including on third-party websites and apps.